with a WordPress-Focus
My services are primarily WordPress-oriented, but others including our new certified Digital Marketing services, are available directly or via strategic partnership.
I build WordPress websites of varying sizes and types addressing the business needs of any company or organization. Any design can be implemented effectively in the platform. I approach site construction utilizing the mandate for Google Mobile First to ensure usability in all mobile devices, but I also address desktop versioning for large displays, too.
WordPress may have started as a blogging platform, but no longer! WordPress enables everything from simple brochure sites to those with complex forms or very sophisticated eCommerce, Membership, or Booking systems. There are many avenues to integrate third-party applications, too. The WordPress platform has incredible longitudinal promise for continued growth and robust improvements. My process includes examining future development options and planning for website expansion.
Mixing the creative experience and tactics with disciplined business processes and a strategic approach.
Cups Of Coffee
Pots of Tea
* Creative by Clark Client Projects
** Projects completed for Sullivan Solutions as their partner
The Nitty-Gritty of
What We Do…
WordPress Design, Development, Maintenance, Content Management & More
WordPress Website Design
Creative by Clark specializes in new WordPress websites and redesigns. I am skilled in converting websites from other platforms to WordPress. In such instances, I can closely replicate the visual design a client might like to retain on a different platform or generate a fresh look and feel. Adhering to brand identity standards is a top design priority to enhance equity and consistency.
WordPress Website Development
Need something unique? I’m imaginative and resourceful in designing solutions to complex business needs. I collaborate with my partner Sullivan Solutions LLC for all their WordPress development projects; they provide design layouts and assets often using tools such as Adobe XD. I implement the design to spec and often need to devise creative solutions to integrate complex applications —whether a WooCommerce store with unique shipping or reporting requirements, filters, or sites that require proprietary member-only access.
WordPress Website Maintenance
Maintenance Plans are customized according to the size and complexity of the website. All are based on an annual Retainer Agreement with different payment options and incentives that are tiered. With sites that we have not built, there is an initial fee that includes a set of specialized audits and services to not only just get a site updated, but ensure it is optimized for best performance and standards. Now, it is entirely possible that our initial audit might return an assessment necessitating further effort.
Learn more about how our Maintenance Care Plans work and what is included.
We do not provide Copywriting Services per se, but with client-supplied content (or that from an external copywriter), we can update website content on an ad hoc or contractual basis. The Grammarly Pro app is utilized to evaluate all written content for spelling and grammatical errors. Blatant spelling errors are provided on a courtesy basis.
WordPress Training & Support
Want to learn how to manage your own website editorial content? We can provide training and support. With many website projects, we build “How To Documentation” for specific processes directly on the dashboard for rapid reference. And if something goes awry, we can provide support to get you out of a jam.
In a few recent projects, we have provided mechanisms for content management on the front end of the website. For example, using secure pages, a client can log in but be shielded from the complex WordPress admin to add posts, members, and more. This type of application is very custom and an additional charge for project scope, but can be incredibly helpful for those who prefer a simpler interface.
While our business is 95% WordPress, our considerable brand identity and graphic design experience come in handy. Most often we develop a “package” approach for new organizations without existing branding to create their visual brand identity (logo, colors, fonts) and in the past, we included the entire brand strategy. Not only do we have graphic design skills, but also the ability to conduct brand audits, create brand standards/guidelines (visual and verbal), create collateral (digital & print), set up complete brand management systems, and more.
We’ve recognized that there was something lacking from our service offerings. As marketing has evolved into the digital realm, Debbie Clark has always hesitated to offer digital marketing without the bona fides. And yet, Creative by Clark clients and partner clients still needed these services – such as Pay-Per-Click with Google Ads or Social Media Marketing to differentiate their businesses and grow. Forced to refer to third parties for delivery, we realized that it diluted our relationship and was often far more expensive than it would be if we could offer the services. Debbie Clark invested in a rigorous course offered jointly with the Digital Marketing Institute and American Marketing Association and passed the examination to become a Certified Digital Marketing Professional (CDMP) and Professional Certified Marketer (PCM).
How much does a website cost?
Included on websites we design
- Complimentary Premium Divi Theme (and Child Theme)
- Gravity Forms Elite Edition
- Max Mega Menu Pro or Divi MadMenu
- Additional Premium Plugins, as appropriate and available, from our license library
- $50 Allowance to Purchase Royalty-Free Stock Images*
*Limited to a one-time allowance on new builds or site redesigns.
Only images from existing Creative by Clark royalty-free stock image accounts are allowed for the purchase allowance, and the client must preview our suggestions and approve all final selections that might exceed the budget allowance and be subject to additional expenses.
Under no circumstances will Creative by Clark purchase Rights-Managed Images for a website; if clients require such images, they must be purchased directly by their business. Creative by Clark must be permanently exempted from any responsibility for copyright violations should the client not extend licensing correctly. A signed legal document must be executed and submitted to the copyright owner.
Excluded from standard project scope
- Digital Marketing Services
- Brand Identity Design (ie, logo design) – available for extra project costs
- Royalty-Free Images over the budgeted allowance are invoiced as expenses (pre-authorized)
- Additional Graphic Design, e.g. Infographics or other downloadable documents (if not included in original scope)
- Change orders to include modifying scope and a necessity to purchase other software tools or accounts
- Photography & Videography Services (outsourced in most cases)
- Approximately 5 pages of static content
- Dynamic content with a blog/news page and a small number of posts is possible.
- One or Two simple forms
- Prices increase as size, number of dynamic features, and complexity upscales
- Approximately 20-30 pages of mixed static and dynamic content
- Multiple, complex forms are available
- Prices increase with increased page/post counts and more dynamic features
- WooCommerce Store (can convert from Shopify or other platforms)
- Includes Home, Shop, Dedicated Product Pages, My Account, Cart, Checkout, Contact pages, Cookie Notice, USA-based Privacy Tools with CCPA
- Additional fees incurred for advanced payment gateways, complex shipping integrations, unique sales tax/VAT, globalization (currency, geolocation, translations, special GDPR, and other compliance, etc.)
- Excludes costs of premium extensions (WooCommerce is free, but add-ons for customization may be extra)
- Prices increase along with scaled-up page counts, numbers of products and more complex product types, custom backend reporting needs, inventory management, and the inclusion of other dynamic features.
Specialty Applicationsstarting at
- Begins with a Basic, Large, or eCommerce site and then adds particular applications/functionality
- Complex Forms, including those that integrate with third-party applications
- Types of applications include but are not limited to:
- Membership, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Unique Role-based content, Multisite — a network of WordPress websites in one dashboard.
- WooCommerce stores that include subscription-based products with Membership, Sensei LMS Integration and could even include a WooCommerce POS (Point of Sale) System for one or more brick & mortar stores in addition to the online entities (best done in a Multisite based on our experience)
Adept with Design Collaborations
With a first-hand understanding of the design process, Creative by Clark works efficiently with partner agencies when they need to augment their in-house skills seamlessly with an independent contractor.
Debbie Clark has worked with Sullivan Solutions (on their paper) for over 10 years as their exclusive WordPress Developer. Sullivan Solutions designs are transformed into working WordPress prototypes with additional functionalities governed by their Scope of Work and client needs. The relationship has been incredibly positive and an asset for both parties and their clients. In addition to WordPress implementation and development services, Maintenance services are performed for those Sullivan Solutions with an agreement for those service deliverables.